Support for parents and carers
Welcome to the parent/ carers support page. Here you will find information from Coventry & Warwickshire Mind and signposting to other supportive organisations in Coventry and Warwickshire.
Please note that Coventry & Warwickshire Mind does not endorse any free or paid-for organisations and services but is happy to pass on any recommendations. There are more external resources for children and young people found here
For downloadable resources to work through with your child check out the Information Centre.
Please also check out the resources and information from National Mind.
Counselling and bereavement
Training courses for Parents/ Carers
Check out the Academy for individuals in Coventry aged 18+ and in Warwickshire aged 16+
- Triple P Positive Parenting Courses, groups and seminars – Coventry
- Triple P Positive Parenting – Warwickshire
- Young Women’s Trust – Helping woman aged 18-30 build confidence to get into work
- Care for the Family (Charity) – Parenting courses
- Cava.org.uk – directory-of-mental-health-provision
- Living Life to the Full – online training as recommended by IAPT
Parent & Carer advice services / support groups
‘Carers Trust is a major charity for, with and about carers. We work to improve support, services and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of caring, unpaid, for a family member or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems. Our vision is that unpaid carers count and can access the help they need to live their lives.’