Team Leader – Wellbeing Hub (Maternity Cover)
Together with people who have experienced mental health problems we provide quality services and support that reduce stigma and promote positive mental health and wellbeing.
|Job Details||Wellbeing Hub (Maternity Cover – 12 month Fixed Term Contract|
|Job Title||Team Leader|
|Salary||£18,649 per annum (£23,000 FTE)|
|Hours||30 hours per week – This service is open 365 days per year. The post includes bank holidays, weekend and evening working on a rota basis.|
Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of people, their families, and their communities?
Do you believe in empowering people to manage their own mental health and wellbeing?
Would you like to be part of an inclusive, enabling, honest and effective organisation?
Our vision is of a society that promotes good mental health for all and that values, as equals, people who experience mental health problems.
Coventry Wellbeing Hub provides a safe, social environment for anyone wanting to access light-touch support, information, guidance, and signposting to specialist services in Coventry.
Depending on current Covid considerations, the service provides a mix of peer support, drop-in sessions, one-to-one confidential signposting sessions and a variety of themed workshops.
About The Role
The successful candidate will oversee the effective, outcome focussed, day-to-day delivery of the Wellbeing Hub, ensuring that the services are meeting the requirements of the contract. You will be required to promote and encourage a culture that works towards empowerment, recovery, also values equality and diversity and is proactively targeted to achieve levels of independence appropriate for each service user.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To deputise in the absence of the Service Manager.
- To be responsible for the fair distribution and management of individual worker’s workloads in the Wellbeing Hub and outreach activities.
- To be responsible for the induction, training, support and supervision of volunteers and peer leaders.
- To ensure that day to day issues are addressed (including problem solving where required) and systems are maintained for effective delivery of services.
- To ensure that the service delivers the appropriate level of cover through the production of a regular rota for all areas of the service and to be involved in delivery of service.
- To be responsible for the line management of designated staff, providing regular recorded supervision and annual appraisals.
- To ensure the Wellbeing Hub and outreach activities promote and value Equality and Diversity.
- To support the facilitation of regular service/development meetings and to attend appropriate meetings as required.
- To ensure that services comply with relevant legislation and funding stream requirements e.g. Health & Safety, Risk Assessments, Lone working and to assist the Manager in ensuring that targets to meet requirements are set and achieved within services.
- To assist in the management of staff disciplinary and capability issues in line with Coventry and Warwickshire Mind procedures.
Essential Criteria includes:
- Experience of supporting in the delivery of mental health support services including crisis intervention.
- Experience of working with volunteers.
- Experience of working with a wide range of agencies.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, non-verbal and written.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills (i.e. social awareness, self-management).
- Up to date knowledge of mental health and key issues linked to wellbeing.
What We Can Offer You
The following are just some of the benefits that Coventry and Warwickshire Mind offer its employees:
- Annual Leave – 25 days plus bank holidays plus an extra day for every 2 completed holiday years’ service, to a maximum of 5 additional days after ten holiday years of service (pro-rata).
- Wellbeing Day – Every employee receives the benefit of a Wellbeing Day, each year, which can be booked if you feel you need a day to take care of your own mental health and wellbeing.
- Life Insurance Policy – All employees of Coventry and Warwickshire Mind are covered by a Life Insurance policy. You will be auto enrolled onto the scheme from day one of service and are covered for the duration of your working life with the organisation or until your 75th birthday, if still employed by CW Mind. The cover is for a payment of 2 x gross salary (tax free), should you die whilst in service with CW Mind.
- Employee Development – Active encouragement not only to assist performance in the current role but also for the benefit of personal development via various means.
- Flexible Working – A range of options available for all employee’s, after completing 26 weeks of service, dependent on role and responsibilities. This includes, working patterns, working in CWM venues, and working remotely.
- Pension – Minimum 5% employee contribution and 3% employer contribution, with an ethical investment policy option.
- Sick pay – On passing the probationary period, Coventry and Warwickshire Mind employees will be entitled to paid sick leave.
Closing date: 12 Noon – Monday 25th October 2021
Interview date: TBC
For an application form and full job description please use the links below.
Please note: Only successful applicants will be notified.
We reserve the right to close the application window early and without notice should a suitable number of applications be received.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups and people with lived experience of mental health issues.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is a leading mental health service provider and an equal opportunities employer.