Registered Mental Health Nurse
Together with people who have experienced mental health problems we provide quality services and support that reduce stigma and promote positive mental health and wellbeing.
|Job Title||Registered Mental Health Nurse|
|Salary||£30,000 per annum|
(12 hour shifts, 8 – 8 and includes Days/Nights/Weekends)
Purpose of the Job
Providing an additional component to Coventry and Warwickshire Mind’s care pathway, our purpose built mental health recovery unit, St. Clair Gardens, opened in April 2018.
St. Clair Gardens is staffed 24 hours per day by a fully trained and supported nursing, therapy and recovery support team. The team is made up of staff experienced in supporting people with their emotional wellbeing and their mental ill health means that they require hospitalisation with rehabilitation and clinical intervention. Our dedicated team provides care and support to adults who may currently be receiving their treatment in hospital or secure settings.
The service is not a home for life but a vital stepping stone and centre of expertise for adults moving up or down the care pathway. Using our experience, combined with our creative and dynamic approach we help, support and guide people through the difficult period of leaving hospital or other rehabilitation/care provisions. We work hard, and commit to supporting all clients back to a level of independence.
St. Clair Gardens is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as a Care Home with Nursing.
Purpose of the job:
- To contribute to the development of the highest standard of clinical and professional practice within the service.
- To ensure compliance with National Standards and work progressively towards achieving the necessary requirements.
- To be responsible for assessing risk, personal-development planning and direct work with clients.
- To assist in creating an environment conducive to the care, recovery, support and management of individuals with mental illness.
- To provide support, guidance and advice to the staff team, and to ensure an effective team spirit and adherence to policies and procedures.
- To construct and maintain professional and effective working relationships with other health professionals.
- To promote and encourage a culture that works towards empowerment, recovery, also values equality and diversity and is proactively targeted to achieve levels of independence appropriate for each resident.
- RMHN Qualified Nurse with NMC Registration.
- Previous experience of working in the mental health care sector.
- Experience of support planning and risk assessing.
- Ability to use assessment skills.
- Competent to support clients in a person-centred manner with excellent communication.
- Up to date knowledge of mental health.
- Demonstrates continuous professional development.
For an application form and full job description please use the links below.
Please see the Job Description (St Clair Gardens Registered Mental Health Nurse job description August 2020) for this role. If you are interested in this post, please read the guidance notes (Guidance notes) before completing the Application Form (CW Mind application form) and Equal Opportunities Form (Equal opportunities form)
Please note: Only successful applicants will be notified.
We reserve the right to close the application window early and without notice should a suitable number of applications be received.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups and people with lived experience of mental health issues.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is a leading mental health service provider and an equal opportunities employer.