Recovery Support Worker – St Clair Gardens
Together with people who have experienced mental health problems we provide quality services and support that reduce stigma and promote positive mental health and wellbeing.
|Job Title||Recovery Support Worker|
|Location||St Clair Gardens, Coventry|
|Salary||£18,000 per annum|
|Hours||Full time – 37 hours per week|
Providing an additional component to Coventry and Warwickshire Mind’s care pathway, our purpose built mental health recovery unit, St Clair Gardens, opened in April 2018.
St Clair Gardens is staffed 24 hours per day by a fully trained and supported nursing, therapy and recovery support team.
The dedicated recovery centre provides care and support to adults who may currently be receiving their treatment in hospital or secure settings.
St Clair Gardens is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as a Care Home with Nursing.
The team is made up of staff experienced in supporting people when their emotional wellbeing and mental ill health means that they require hospitalisation with rehabilitation and clinical intervention.
The staff support individuals who are experiencing or have experienced severe mental distress and provides a unique blend of clinical and recovery focused care, treatment and support.
They work closely with all agencies in the locality, in order to support the person in taking the next steps on their journey towards recovery.
Purpose of the Job:
To provide practical and emotional person-centred support that works towards empowerment and recovery, which values equality and diversity and is proactively targeted to achieve levels of independence appropriate for each resident.
Key responsibilities include:
- To support residents in managing self-medication programmes.
- To work as part of a team to ensure that the safety of clients and staff are maintained, at all times.
- To be aware of local safeguarding policies and procedures and report any concerns immediately.
- To carry out a range of duties which ensure the wellbeing of all residents and that an effective outcome defined delivery of support is achieved.
- To ensure the minimum standards as set out by CQC are met and where possible exceeded.
Essential criteria includes:
- Experience of working in care/support
- Proven track record of supporting people with mental health problems
- Experience of working with a wide range of agencies
- Courage to do the right thing for clients whilst respecting their individuality
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to use a computer and/or other electronic device
- Ability and experience of working with a wide range of people
For an application form and full job description please use the links below.
Please note: Only successful applicants will be notified.
We reserve the right to close the application window early and without notice should a suitable number of applications be received.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups and people with lived experience of mental health issues.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is a leading mental health service provider and an equal opportunities employer.