Mental Health Trainer
Together with people who have experienced mental health problems we provide quality services and support that reduce stigma and promote positive mental health and wellbeing.
|Job Title||Mental Health Trainer|
|Location||Coventry & Warwickshire|
|Salary||£24,500 Per Annum|
|Hours||37 hours per week|
|Job type||12 months, fixed term contract|
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind are currently looking for a Mental Health Trainer to join our Training Team on a 12 month fixed term contract.
You will be required to develop and deliver a wide range of mental health training courses and workshops which will consist of face to face and online sessions.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To develop and deliver both internal and external, mental health training courses and workshops in an accessible and engaging manner to small and large groups of professionals and support staff of varying experience that focus on the promotion of mental health and wellbeing.
- To work alongside the Lead Trainer within Coventry and Warwickshire Mind and external organisations to identify training requirements.
- To be involved in the development and delivery of bespoke courses and workshops.
- To develop content and materials for online / digital courses.
- To maintain administrative systems for the smooth delivery of training.
- To ensure that all enquiries and bookings for training are managed promptly and effectively through supporting the coordinator.
- To collect extensive evaluation and monitoring information relating to the outputs and outcomes of training.
- To regularly review training materials and tools utilised in line with evaluation feedback.
- To regularly review course content in line with changes in legislation and best practice to ensure that content remains current and relevant.
- To establish and maintain positive, professional relationships with partner organisations, ensuring that the reputation of the organisation is maintained.
- To promote and to ensure that the voices of people who have used mental health services are represented.
- To support the effective marketing and promotion of services at training events.
- To be involved in the training and professional development of new staff and students enabling others to learn from shadowing work practices and offering advice and guidance when requested.
- To communicate effectively with team members, service leads and external professionals.
- To participate in meetings, supervision, appraisal procedures and training as agreed and directed.
Essential Criteria Include:
- A minimum of 12 months experience of delivering training/workshops to groups.
- Experience of delivering training on mental health issues using a range of mediums that acknowledge a variety of learning styles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and verbal.
- An ability to manage conflicting priorities and one’s own time with a minimum of supervision.
- Group facilitation or training skills.
- Ability to present workshops in a creative and engaging manner suitable for external professionals who have varied and sometimes limited knowledge of mental health issues.
- Up to date knowledge of mental health.
- Good awareness of wellbeing.
- Understanding of adult learning principles.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- An ability to travel to venues across Coventry and Warwickshire.
- Access to vehicle as a means of transport.
Closing date: 12 Noon, Tuesday 15th June 2021
Interview Date: TBC
For an application form and full job description please use the links below.
Please note: Only successful applicants will be notified.
We reserve the right to close the application window early and without notice should a suitable number of applications be received.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups and people with lived experience of mental health issues.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is a leading mental health service provider and an equal opportunities employer.