Together with people who have experienced mental health problems we provide quality services and support that reduce stigma and promote positive mental health and wellbeing.
||Housing Support Worker
||£17,150 per annum
||Full time – 37 hours
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is looking for a full-time Housing Support Worker to work within our Housing Support Service.
We manage a wide range of properties, which are located in various parts of Coventry and consist of single flats/bedsits and a number of shared houses for 2–8 people. The Housing Support Service matches a person to an appropriate property, and then provides practical and emotional support to enable the person to maintain and sustain their tenancy.
Purpose of the Job
You will be required to provide support services to residents living in Coventry and Warwickshire Mind’s accommodation based services and to support the processes within our Housing Services by carrying out a range of duties which ensure that residents gain the skills required to enable them to sustain this and future tenancies.
Key responsibilities include-
- assist tenants through the move in process (inc. supporting people in preparing for their move, liaising with the housing services manager and housing services team leader to ensure room/property and keys are ready, organising and supporting the move).
- ensure that tenants’ handbooks are kept up to date, provided to each resident and that all residents understand the terms and conditions of their licence/tenancy agreement.
- provide a brief induction meeting with all new residents, ensuring that they are aware of important information such as fire safety etc.
- complete and return pre and post move paperwork promptly.
- maintain an agreed level of intensive housing management service to all residents living in supported accommodation (face to face or telephone).
- maintain high housekeeping standards set by the organisation. When necessary, taking the lead to ensure that standards are maintained.
- assist residents living in supported accommodation in undertaking a range of practical tasks relating to their tenancy as required (e.g. helping sort out letters or bills, rent arrears, benefits problems, budgeting, maintaining tenancy and move on).
- respond to crisis or concerns of people living in supported accommodation, liaising with and signposting to mental health support providers as required.
- provide support and guidance with any mental health issues that may arise.
- provide tenancy related advice and guidance as required.
- assist and advise residents living in supported accommodation in addressing issues or minor problems or disputes which may arise with neighbours.
- assist residents living in supported accommodation to comply with the terms of their tenancy.
- monitor ongoing health and safety issues, reporting repairs and defects as appropriate and ensure fire precautions are in operation and understood by all concerned.
- ensure active recording of the work and participate in monitoring and evaluation of the service.
- ensure the active involvement of tenants through all aspects of the work.
- ensure all work is completed within agreed timescales.
- undertake these duties within a framework that recognises the diversity of clients and encourages quality and opportunity for all.
Key responsibilities include-
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to use a computer and/or other electronic device
- Ability and experience of working with a wide range of people
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Team player
- Ability to co-ordinate and prioritise a range of duties and responsibilities
- Enthusiastic and innovative approach
- Strong commitment to empowering residents
- Commitment to valuing fair access & diversity
- Commitment to tenant’s involvement
- Flexible approach to working
- Ability to travel to venues across Coventry
Closing date: 12 Noon – Wednesday 23rd June 2021
For an application form and full job description please use the links below.
Please see the Job Description for this role. If you are interested in this post, please read the Guidance Notes before completing the Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form
Please note: Only successful applicants will be notified.
We reserve the right to close the application window early and without notice should a suitable number of applications be received.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups and people with lived experience of mental health issues.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is a leading mental health service provider and an equal opportunities employer.