Guardian Ballers Leader
Together with people who have experienced mental health problems we provide quality services and support that reduce stigma and promote positive mental health and wellbeing.
|Job Title||Guardian Ballers Leader|
Children & Young People’s Service
Coventry and Warwickshire
|Salary||£10.50 per hour|
|Job type||Casual – Temporary|
Children & Young People’s Casual Worker
Varied (within 8am-8pm service)
Consistent work is Monday-Friday during term time
Potential of special events throughout the year (Leaders would have the opportunity to Opt in/out according to their availability)
Do you love working with young people, enjoy basketball and facilitating opportunities for young people to have great mental and emotional wellbeing?
Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people and their communities?
Do you have experience and a desire to lead large groups of young people and facilitate impactful basketball and wellbeing sessions?
Would you like to be part of an inclusive, enabling, honest and effective organisation?
Our vision is of a society that promotes good mental health for all and that values, as equals, people who experience mental health problems.
Come and join our creative, dynamic and motivated team supporting children and young people across Coventry and Warwickshire!
Purpose of the Job
You will be involved in the delivery of a range of early intervention and prevention activities for children and young people aged 11-18 years, within schools, community venues and Coventry and Warwickshire Mind buildings across Coventry and Warwickshire. The activities will primarily consist of school educational sessions (Basketball and Wellbeing). Potential future work may include: mental health awareness sessions, assemblies, workshops and offering 1:1 facilitated self-help provision.
- Working with children and young people.
- Working in a sporting or educational setting.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, non-verbal and written.
- Excellent team working skills and ability to work well as part of a diverse and dispersed team.
- An ability to effectively engage with young people in an educational and sporting setting.
- Up to date knowledge of mental health, specifically in relation to children and young people.
- Knowledge of the FUNdamental Basketball Skill Development Coaching practices.
- Working knowledge of common mental health problems e.g. stress, anxiety, depression and the potential impacts on young people and their families.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant Level 3 qualification (A Levels, BTEC L3, NVQ) or equivalent.
- Level 1 Basketball Coaching or equivalent (other Sports may be considered).
- The ability to meet the values of CW Mind – Passionate, Honest, Creative, Effective, Inclusive, Enabling.
- A commitment to working within a framework that recognises the diversity of service users and encourages equality and opportunity for all.
- A commitment to hearing the young person’s voice and the participation of children and young people and parents/carers in decision-making processes, the design and delivery of the services they access.
- A commitment to ongoing personal development and training.
- A commitment to the purpose, vision, mission and values of CW Mind and the Guardian Ballers service.
- The ability to adapt to a changing timetable on a half-term/termly basis.
Closing date: 12 noon – Wednesday 14th April 2021
Interview Date: TBC
For an application form and full job description please use the links below.
Please note: Only successful applicants will be notified.
We reserve the right to close the application window early and without notice should a suitable number of applications be received.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups and people with lived experience of mental health issues.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is a leading mental health service provider and an equal opportunities employer.