Together with people who have experienced mental health problems we provide quality services and support that reduce stigma and promote positive mental health and wellbeing.
|Job Details||Space 2 Thrive – Domestic Abuse Therapeutic Service|
|Salary||£29,000 pro rata|
|Hours||7.5 to 30 hours available, flexible working|
|The successful candidate will work within Coventry and Warwickshire Mind’s Domestic Abuse Therapeutic Service and provide effective and high-quality trauma-focused therapeutic interventions that enable adult victims and survivors of domestic abuse to achieve positive outcomes and help them move towards recovery.|
The role would involve online and face to face working. Assessments and therapy sessions would be offered on various days and times throughout the week.
‘Space 2 Thrive’ service will provide counselling, trauma therapy, and navigator services for adult survivors of domestic abuse, which has impacted on their mental, emotional, psychological, physical, and social wellbeing.
The aim of the support provided will be to contribute towards improving personal and community resilience and reducing health inequalities by addressing the wider impact on health. Support will focus on non-medical, socio-economic needs and will also include advice, guidance, signposting to local service support provisions including, community groups, voluntary sector and statutory services.
Space 2 Thrive provides flexible mental health, emotional well-being and practical support tailored to individual needs. The service supports and commonly addresses: depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, lack of confidence, social phobia’s, trauma, lack of empowerment, Isolation/social exclusion, bereavement/loss, anger, stress, loneliness, domestic violence and abuse, fear of change, parenting, relationship difficulties in addition to advice and guidance on practical needs.
- To support the clinical team leader/service manager with decisions about the suitability of new referrals, adhering to the service’s referral and assessment protocol.
- To undertake trauma focussed and person-centred assessments to identify therapeutic and support needs and decide upon the appropriate and relevant therapeutic intervention for the adult.
- To assist with and support the decision-making process about the outcome of the person-centred and trauma-focussed assessment.
- To provide evidence-based trauma focused therapy (Trauma Focused CBT, EMDR, etc) for adults who have experienced domestic abuse, and other trauma(s), and who may have a diagnosis of PTSD, or have symptoms of PTS.
- To provide evidence-based therapy and therapeutic interventions for adults who have experienced the trauma of domestic abuse, and other trauma (s), in line with the counsellor/therapist’s relevant professional skills and qualifications, and ethical guidelines provided by the professional body they are a member of.
- Accredited and qualified Counsellor/Psychotherapist, and up to date registration and membership (BACP, UKPT, BABCP)
- Trained and qualified to deliver TF-CBT or/and EMDR
- A minimum of two years post qualifying experience of working as a counsellor/therapist
- A minimum of one year’s experience of working in a mental health setting.
- A minimum of one year’s experience of delivering evidence-based trauma therapy interventions for adults.
What We Can Offer You
The following are just some of the benefits that Coventry and Warwickshire Mind offer its employees:
- Annual Leave – 25 days plus bank holidays plus an extra day for every 2 completed holiday years’ service, to a maximum of 5 additional days after ten holiday years of service (pro-rata).
- Wellbeing Day – Every employee receives the benefit of a Wellbeing Day, each year, which can be booked if you feel you need a day to take care of your own mental health and wellbeing.
- Life Insurance Policy – All employees of Coventry and Warwickshire Mind are covered by a Life Insurance policy. You will be auto enrolled onto the scheme from day one of service and are covered for the duration of your working life with the organisation or until your 75th birthday, if still employed by CW Mind. The cover is for a payment of 2 x gross salary (tax free), should you die whilst in service with CW Mind.
- Employee Development – Active encouragement not only to assist performance in the current role but also for the benefit of personal development via various means.
- Flexible Working – A range of options available for all employee’s, after completing 26 weeks of service, dependent on role and responsibilities. This includes, working patterns, working in CWM venues, and working remotely.
- Pension – Minimum 5% employee contribution and 3% employer contribution, with an ethical investment policy option.
- Sick pay – On passing the probationary period, Coventry and Warwickshire Mind employees will be entitled to paid sick leave.
Closing date: 12 Noon, Monday 4th October 2021
Interview Date: TBC
For an application form and full job description please use the links below.
Please note: Only successful applicants will be notified.
We reserve the right to close the application window early and without notice should a suitable number of applications be received.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups and people with lived experience of mental health issues.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is a leading mental health service provider and an equal opportunities employer.