Community Wellbeing Advisor
Together with people who have experienced mental health problems we provide quality services and support that reduce stigma and promote positive mental health and wellbeing.
|Job Title||Community Wellbeing Advisor|
|Salary||£10,500 pro rata|
18.5 hours per week
May include some evenings and weekends
Purpose of the Job
To work alongside managers and clinicians within Primary Care Networks (PCN’s) at GP surgeries and community hubs and carry a mixed caseload as identified by lead staff involved. To provide quality mental health and practical support services to that caseload both on-site, in the community and in people’s homes as appropriate (including those that are vulnerable and disadvantaged). To function within the PCN team and become part of a wider community link/social prescribing model contributing to developing an innovative service model.
The successful postholder will be experienced in delivering a range of support interventions to people with varying mental health needs to enable them to access community support services, including active use of telephone, text, social media and virtual platforms, face-to-face support, group work and drop-in facilities.
Key responsibilities include:
- To provide a person-centred community wellbeing service, screening all referrals received from the PCN, and where appropriate making recommendations to other relevant provisions including Statutory, Third Sector and those provided by Coventry and Warwickshire Mind.
- To undertake a comprehensive person-centred led, quality needs and risk assessment, gathering information with support from clinical staff (as required).
- To develop a simple personalised support plan in partnership and agreement with individuals to ensure their needs and aspirations are addressed, liaising with other relevant professionals as appropriate.
- To provide consistent comprehensive emotional/psychoeducational and practical support interventions to a caseload of service users to enable them to develop better coping strategies and life skills or begin to address longer term underlying issues.
Essential criteria includes:
- Excellent assessment skills and experience working with adults and mental health issues
- Experience of carrying/being responsible for a caseload and working with patients/service users in a mentoring/support role.
- Creativity and original thinking whilst developing practical solutions to problems.
- Ability to effectively engage with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Effective at developing and maintaining positive relationships and partnerships with other agencies
About the service
This exciting opportunity will offer the post holder the chance to be part of:
- An evolving service delivery providing and developing a range of support interventions to people with varying mental health needs to enable them to access community support services.
- A wider team of mixed, experienced professionals from clinical and non-clinical support backgrounds and services
- An established, reputable and expanding local (and national) organisation offering both generic and specialist mental health and wellbeing support services
We are looking for individuals who are flexible and approachable and have at least 2 years’ experience working within an organisation providing a range of support activities to vulnerable adults with varying mental health and wellbeing needs.
We would welcome applications at NVQ Level 3 or equivalent experience in one or more of: Social Work/Youth Work/Psychology/Mental Health/Occupational Therapy/Community Development/Education.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Coventry & Warwickshire Mind on 02476 552847 and ask to speak to Chris Sampson, Service Manager, Recovery and Wellbeing Services
Closing date: 12 Noon – Friday 16th April 2021
Interview date: 28th & 29th April 2021
For an application form and full job description please use the links below.
Please note: Only successful applicants will be notified.
We reserve the right to close the application window early and without notice should a suitable number of applications be received.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups and people with lived experience of mental health issues.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is a leading mental health service provider and an equal opportunities employer.