CLA Practitioner Play Therapist
Together with people who have experienced mental health problems we provide quality services and support that reduce stigma and promote positive mental health and wellbeing.
|Job Details||Children Looked After (CLA)|
|Job Title||Children Looked After Practitioner – Play Therapist|
Children & Young Peoples’ Services
Coventry and Warwickshire
|Salary||£27,000 per annum|
37 hours per week
(8am – 8pm service, including evenings and weekends)
Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of looked after children?
Do you believe that the child’s voice should be at the heart of the work you do?
Would you like to be part of an inclusive, enabling, honest and effective organisation?
Are you registered with a professional body? (Applications will not be accepted without this).
Our vision is of a society that promotes good mental health for all and that values, as equals, people who experience mental health problems.
Purpose of the Job:
The post holder will be employed by Coventry and Warwickshire Mind and work within the Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership trust contract for the Children Looked After (CLA) service. The role will be to provide emotional wellbeing and therapeutic support to young people and/or their carers.
The post holder will be involved in the development and delivery of a range of individual and group based therapeutic interventions to looked after children/young people, carers and professionals.
The Post Holder Will Be Responsible For:
- Assessment of therapeutic need for Children Looked After following referral
- 1:1 therapeutic support for Young People
- Group Support for Young People and/or Carers
- Consultations with Social Workers and Professionals
- Provide support and advice for residential homes
- Provide various training delivery offers
- Supporting the implementation and delivery of the therapeutic plan with key priorities.
- Work with key partners and adults in the child’s life in a systemic way to ensure needs are met
You Will Have:
- A professional registration within Play Therapy
- Knowledge and understanding of the systemic needs of looked after children and young people.
- Awareness and understanding of therapeutic models for engaging with children and young people to bring about and sustain change.
- A proven track record of working within multidisciplinary environment and partnership working
- Excellent communication skills combined with the ability to interpret and present complex information to professionals, parents, carers
- The ability to adapt quickly to change based on the needs of the children and young people, utilising face to face, telephone or digital platforms.
What We Can Offer You
The following are just some of the benefits that Coventry and Warwickshire Mind offer its employees:
- Annual Leave – 25 days plus bank holidays plus an extra day for every 2 completed holiday years’ service, to a maximum of 5 additional days after ten holiday years of service (pro-rata).
- Wellbeing Day – Every employee receives the benefit of a Wellbeing Day, each year, which can be booked if you feel you need a day to take care of your own mental health and wellbeing.
- Life Insurance Policy – All employees of Coventry and Warwickshire Mind are covered by a Life Insurance policy. You will be auto enrolled onto the scheme from day one of service and are covered for the duration of your working life with the organisation or until your 75th birthday, if still employed by CW Mind. The cover is for a payment of 2 x gross salary (tax free), should you die whilst in service with CW Mind.
- Employee Development – Active encouragement not only to assist performance in the current role but also for the benefit of personal development via various means.
- Clinical Supervision – We will pay for you to have regular clinical supervisionto ensure counselling/therapeutic practice is ethically safe.
- Flexible Working – A range of options available for all employees, after completing 26 weeks of service, dependent on role and responsibilities. This includes, working patterns, working in CWM venues, and working remotely.
- Pension – Minimum 5% employee contribution and 3% employer contribution, with an ethical investment policy option.
- Sick pay – On passing the probationary period, Coventry and Warwickshire Mind employees will be entitled to paid sick leave.
Closing date: 12 noon – Sunday 5th December 2021
Interview Date: TBC
For an application form and full job description please use the links below.
Please see the Job Description for this role. If you are interested in this post, please read the guidance notes (Guidance notes) before completing the Application Form (CW Mind application form) and Equal Opportunities Form (Equal opportunities form)
Please note: Only successful applicants will be notified.
Previous applicants need not apply.
We reserve the right to close the application window early and without notice should a suitable number of applications be received.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups and people with lived experience of mental health issues.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is a leading mental health service provider and an equal opportunities employer. ;