Autism Support Worker
Together with people who have experienced mental health problems we provide quality services and support that reduce stigma and promote positive mental health and wellbeing.
|Job Title||Autism Support Worker|
|Location||Coventry and Warwickshire|
|Salary||£10,000 per annum (£20,000 FTE)|
18.5 hours per week,
(8am – 8pm service)
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind (CW Mind) has been funded to deliver a range of community outreach support activities to individuals experiencing neurodevelopmental and autism concerns. This service currently sits within Coventry and Warwickshire Wellbeing Hubs.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative and evolving service, working closely in partnership with CW Mind Children & Young People’s service, Coventry & Warwickshire Partnership Trust Neurodevelopmental & Transforming Care Teams and training providers Act for Autism to further develop and build on best practice approaches.
The aim of the CW Mind community support service is to enable individuals to manage and thrive in their home, work and social environment through providing a range of support activities in community-based venues across Coventry and Warwickshire remotely and in people’s homes to include:
- Educational programmes to enable individuals to understand and come to terms with and self-manage their diagnosis
- Brief 1:1 practical and emotional support work interventions for those lacking the confidence to engage with community-based support
- Providing and facilitating service users to develop peer support groups to decrease isolation and build social networks
This exciting opportunity offers the post holder the chance to be part of:
- An evolving service delivery providing and developing a range of telephone, on-line and face-to-face 1:1, group and peer support interventions to people with autism to enable them to access community support services.
- A wider team of mixed, experienced professionals from clinical and non-clinical support backgrounds and services
- An established, reputable and expanding local (and national) organisation offering both generic and specialist mental health and wellbeing support services
We are looking for an individual who is flexible and approachable and has at least 1 years’ experience working within an organisation providing a range of outreach support activities to vulnerable adults with complex needs, including those with diagnosed and undiagnosed mental health and learning difficulties needs. Training and support around neurodevelopmental and autism best practise approaches will be provided.
We would welcome applications at NVQ Level 2 or equivalent experience in one or more of: Social Work/Youth Work/Psychology/Mental Health/Occupational Therapy/Community Development/Education.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Coventry & Warwickshire Mind on 024 7655 2847 and ask to speak to Fiona Palmer, Service Manager, Wellbeing Hubs.
Closing date: 12 Noon, Friday 21st May 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 3rd June 2021
For an application form and full job description please use the links below.
Please note: Only successful applicants will be notified. Previous applicants need not apply.
We reserve the right to close the application window early and without notice should a suitable number of applications be received.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups and people with lived experience of mental health issues.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is a leading mental health service provider and an equal opportunities employer.