Together with people who have experienced mental health problems we provide quality services and support that reduce stigma and promote positive mental health and wellbeing.
|Job Title||Administrator, within the Housing Support Service|
|Salary||£17,150 Per Annum|
|Hours||37 hours per week|
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is looking for a full-time Administrator to support the smooth running of the Housing Support Service.
We manage a wide range of properties, which are located in various parts of Coventry and consist of single flats/bedsits and a number of shared houses for 2–8 people. The Housing Support Service matches a person to an appropriate property, and then provides practical and emotional support to enable the person to maintain and sustain their tenancy.
Key Responsibilities include-
- provide administrative support to assist with the smooth running of Coventry and Warwickshire Mind Housing Support Service, including word processing, photocopying, ordering supplies, filing and dealing with telephone enquiries.
- take messages and deal with telephone calls, sensitively, recording messages and ensuring these reach the appropriate staff members using agreed procedures.
- develop and maintain procedures and recording systems, which support the work of all members of the Services.
- liaise with professionals and service users where appropriate.
- receive, sort and distribute incoming mail and to be responsible for outgoing mail.
- update the database with information for recording, monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- provide minute-taking support at various meetings, and distribute minutes as necessary.
- collate information and provide written reports as requested.
- provide assistance to other administrative teams within Coventry and Warwickshire Mind’s services as necessary, e.g. non-routine tasks, annual leave and emergency cover.
- ensure all work is completed within agreed timescales.
- undertake these duties within a frame work that recognises the diversity of clients and encourages quality and opportunity for all.
- promote and implement Coventry and Warwickshire Mind’s policies.
- participate in supervision, appraisal procedures and training as agreed or directed.
- receive visitors and where appropriate provide hospitality.
Essential criteria include:
- Experience of working in an administrative environment.
- Experience of working with Microsoft 365, Work,Excel and other computer systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to use a computer or other electronic device.
- Ability and experience of working with a wide variety of people.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Team Player.
- Attention to detail at all times.
- Enthusiastic and innovative approach.
- Commitment to valuing fair access and diversity.
It would be expected that the postholder has, or would be committed to acquiring an understanding of the key issues related to mental health and the needs of vulnerable people.
Closing date: 12 Noon, Wednesday 23rd June 2021
Interview Date: TBC
For an application form and full job description please use the links below.
Please note: Only successful applicants will be notified.
We reserve the right to close the application window early and without notice should a suitable number of applications be received.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups and people with lived experience of mental health issues.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is a leading mental health service provider and an equal opportunities employer.