Time to Change Wellbeing Pledge
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind marked World Mental Health Day in October by signing a pledge focussed on staff wellbeing.
The Time to Change pledge was signed by CW Mind chair, Pat Allen, at the Coventry Wellbeing Hub on behalf of our charity as part of a national Time to Change campaign.
Pat Allen said to staff: “This pledge signing today is to say thank you for everything that you do to support people with mental ill health and to assure you we want to support you in looking after your own mental health.”
The pledge signing event took place during a staff wellbeing breakfast where food was laid on for employees at CW Mind and everyone who attended was encouraged to talk about their mental health. CW Mind CEO Steven Hill addressed the large gathering of staff at the event by saying: “We want to be the best employer and one of those things is around looking after your mental health, as much as looking after the people that we support on a day to day basis.”
“We’re pledging to be an outstanding employer who will promote positive mental health and wellbeing for all…We are going to change things and we are going to start by changing things from the inside going out.” – Steven Hill, Coventry and Warwickshire Mind CEO
Our Time to Change mental health and wellbeing pledge includes a promise…
- Review policies to ensure mental health is included.
- Continue to encourage staff to talk openly about mental health.
- Ensure all staff have a detailed discussion about mental health in supervisions with their line manager.
- Ensure mental health information is readily available to staff.
- Introduce Wellness Action Plans for all staff.
- Talk openly about mental health.
- Share their own personal experiences of mental health.
- Sign an individual Time to Change mental health and wellbeing pledge.
- Become Employee Champions.
- Contribute to an annual staff mental health and wellbeing survey.