Our Privacy Statement
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind (CW Mind) takes the preservation of your privacy very seriously. See below for details. NB. For more information, please refer to our Data Protection Policy.
What information do we collect?
When accessing our services or interacting with CW Mind, we often collect personally identifiable data including your name, date of birth, and contact details. Depending on the service being accessed, we may also collect and store referral information, GP details, Next of Kin contact details and information about other third-party services being accessed. This information will only be sought with your consent.
We securely store information relating to individuals’ interactions with our services (i.e. case notes) as well as the nature of an individuals’ support needs.
How do we use your data?
The information you provide us enables us to:
• provide quality services that are tailored to individuals’ needs;
• demonstrate that we provide fair and open access to all our services;
• ensure that service information is only ever shared with the person to whom it concerns;
• share relevant news and information with individuals based on their relationship/involvement with Coventry and Warwickshire Mind; and
• better understand the need and demand for our services.
Storing case notes also ensures that we:
• are accountable for the support that we provide;
• provide services that are based on an individual’s needs;
• provide a seamless service from one interaction to the next; and
• have evidence about our service outcomes.
At times, we are required to share information with other delivery partners. We will make it clear to you when a service is being delivered in partnership and we will ensure that the partnership endorses the principles of data protection, data sharing and confidentiality. We will also ensure that data is only ever shared for the purpose of delivering the service; we will not agree to share information with delivery partners for the purpose of their own marketing, campaigning or fundraising purposes.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind will not keep data for longer than is necessary; it will be retained in accordance with our data retention schedule.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect both manually and online.
If you would like to correct or update any information we may hold about you, or if you would like information deleted from our records or to make a complaint about our data protection processes, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.