Men Needed for Strictly Does Coventry
We are appealing for men in particular to join Coventry Does Strictly 2019.
Men, this is a chance for you to bring out your inner Fred Astaire and look super cool on the dancefloor.
We already have a number of female contestants lined up to take part in the glamourous fundraiser, the result of a new partnership with Dancing Feet Coventry which has chosen to support Coventry and Warwickshire Mind’s work.
This event is being held to raise funds to support the mental health services we provide but we are in need of more male partners to help make this event a success.
Please get in touch if you are interested or know someone who might be keen to join this fantastic opportunity.
Contestants are asked to:
- Raise a minimum of £500 in sponsorship by setting up a fundraising webpage and taking part in other fundraising activities for Coventry and Warwickshire Mind.
- Learn to dance a Waltz and a Jive routine, as choreographed by Dancing Feet, Coventry.
- Attend twice weekly training sessions, starting from Sunday 9 March 2019 at 6pm until 8pm and Friday 15 March 2019 at 7.30pm until 9.30pm. This will provide eight weeks of pre-event training.
- Attend a meet and greet session at the Royal Court Hotel, Coventry, on Sunday 6 January 2019 at 6pm to meet the dancers from Dancing Feet, Coventry, staff from the Royal Court Hotel, and Coventry & Warwickshire Mind.
- There will be a brief presentation by Coventry & Warwickshire Mind to help you understand the work of the Charity and a brief presentation by Mark Jefferies from Dancing Feet, Coventry, to help you understand how the event will work and what the final show will look like.
For more information:
Anyone interested in taking part should email Mark Jefferies at email@example.com for more information, a training schedule and a registration form.