Coventry Does Strictly for CW Mind
Grab your dancing shoes and put your gladrags on, for Coventry Does Strictly is waltzing into the city. And it is our pleasure to announce that all the glitz and glamour will raise funds Coventry and Warwickshire Mind… and the star of the dancefloor could be you!
Coventry Does Strictly 2019 is organised by Dancing Feet, Coventry, and will be held on Friday, May 10 and Saturday, May 11 2019 at the Citrus Hotel, Coventry CV8 3DY.
Mark Jefferies, of Dancing Feet, Coventry, said: “Dancing Feet, Coventry, selected Coventry and Warwickshire Mind as the beneficiary for 2019 Coventry Does Strictly because it’s an ideal way to raise the profile of such a great charity and the work it does and with increased public awareness of the importance of good mental health for everyone, this is a great way of supporting a range of activities.”
How you can be a star of Strictly for CW Mind
We are recruiting for men and women contestants aged 18+ to join the Coventry Does Strictly experience. All are welcome including beginners, and participants will be partnered with a professional dancer and benefit from expert dance tuition to ensure all fancy footwork is at its best for the big event. Turn up to practise, put on your best Waltz and who knows, you could be the proud owner of a glitterball trophy!
Contestants are asked to:
- Raise a minimum of £500 in sponsorship by setting up a fundraising webpage and taking part in other fundraising activities for Coventry and Warwickshire Mind.
- Learn to dance a Waltz and a Jive routine, as choreographed by Dancing Feet, Coventry.
- Attend twice weekly training sessions, starting from Sunday 9 March 2019 at 6pm until 8pm and Friday 15 March 2019 at 7.30pm until 9.30pm. This will provide eight weeks of pre-event training.
- Attend a meet and greet session at the Royal Court Hotel, Coventry, on Sunday 6 January 2019 at 6pm to meet the dancers from Dancing Feet, Coventry, staff from the Royal Court Hotel, and Coventry & Warwickshire Mind.
- There will be a brief presentation by Coventry & Warwickshire Mind to help you understand the work of the Charity and a brief presentation by Mark Jefferies from Dancing Feet, Coventry, to help you understand how the event will work and what the final show will look like.
For more information:
Anyone interested in taking part should email Mark Jefferies at email@example.com for more information, a training schedule and a registration form.