CAASS Adult Autism Service
Are you an adult living with Autism?
CAASS (Community Adult Autism Support Service) is for adults living with Autism in Coventry and Warwickshire.
What is CAASS?
Weekly peer support groups
A safe space for people with Autism to:
- Meet with others on a regular basis
- Socialise with people in similar situations
- Plan and agree group activities
6 Week Autism Education Programme
Weekly 2 hour sessions will focus on:
- Understanding Autism – what do we know about Autism?
- Autism and positive wellbeing – working towards a more enjoyable, improved life
- Understanding sensory needs
- Communication skills – including social anxiety,
- Friendships and social media
- Anxiety management – coping with distress and managing emotions
- Wider sources of support available
How will CAASS support help?
Support is aimed at providing individuals with the opportunity to:
- Understand what autism is and how it affects them individually
- Increase self-help strategies to better manage their emotional and mental wellbeing
- Feel more confident to engage with others and community activities
- Positively move forward independently to a more fulfilling life
Who is it for?
CAASS is available to adults who have or are waiting for an Autism assessment, or those who believe they are Autistic and would like further support.
Where will activities take place?
All activities will be provided across a range of venues in Coventry and Warwickshire.
How to take part
You can either self-refer or a professional can refer you.
Places in all our activities are limited. To check availability, we advise you contact us in advance.
If our support is not for you, we will help with information on other support and/or community services to suit your needs as appropriate.
What to expect
We will ask you to:
- Provide personal details about yourself and information on support already in place
- Complete forms during and post activities to tell us how support has helped and what else you would have liked that wasn’t available
For more information about CAASS support services, we will need your:
- contact details
- postcode, and
- service you are interested in
You can contact us and/or
leave a message in one of
the following ways: