Welcome to CW Mind’s Children and Young People’s services autism support page. Here you will find information from Coventry and Warwickshire Mind, National Mind and other local and national organisations. Although Coventry and Warwickshire Mind cannot endorse any external resources and organisations, we are happy to pass on any recommendations we receive.
See Mind.org.uk for further information and support from National Mind
For children and young people’s wellbeing information and downloadable material see the Information Centre
Coronavirus and your wellbeing – for young people
Information for young people who are worried about coronavirus and want to know how to cope with changes to their lives.
Take a minute the look at the information packed newsletters from the Autism Support Service.
To stay updated with future newsletters as well as training opportunities and local events click and sign up here.
Newsletters from the Autism Support Service
Understanding Autism – Videos
Resources/ National Organisations and Information Directories
Below are some resources and organisations that we sometimes use ourselves and are happy to pass on as recommendations. Dimensions is a site set up by the Coventry & Warwickshire CAMHS team and is a tool used for assessment, support and signposting for children and young people with autism.
Dimensions helps young people, parents, carers, referrers and professionals in Coventry and Warwickshire to find out what could be offered to help with their particular difficulties, using a shared database of local interventions. The database includes interventions across the services for young people, inside and outside the NHS, including those available through charities, support groups and the local authority.
act for autism is a social enterprise that provides unique insights about autism via specialist workshops and coaching for parents, carers and teachers, autistic children and young adults.
Autism support services and training courses
- CAMHS Rise – Resources, videos and training events
- HOPE 6 week programme with Carers Trust
- Autism West Midlands – Family Support Training
- The girl with the curly hair – Training Events
- EarlyBird Training with Autisim.org.uk
- Stepping Stones Programme with Triple P
- Entrust Care Partnership Workshops and Guidance
Autism support groups, activities and online communities
- Grapevine in Coventry & Warwickshire
- Ambitious about Autism – Online Community
- Coventry Council Directory
- Autism West Midlands – Events
- Coventry Action for Autism Community Group
Autism friendly environments
- Dimensions Directory – Autism friendly Cinemas, museums, libraries
- Autism friendly library- Tile Hill, Coventry
- The Dice Box, Leamington – Ring for best booking times
- Birmingham Airport – Special Assistance information including maps and ‘hidden disability’ lanyards
- Sainsburys’ hidden disability sun flower lanyard initiative
- Jump in Trampoline Parks
- Spencer’s Retreat
Books about well-being and autism from Amazon Smile
These books have been signposted to Amazon Smile where you can donate to Coventry and Warwickshire Mind at no extra cost. Please ensure you have registered with Amazon and choose ‘Coventry and Warwickshire Mind’ as your preferred charity. Thank you for your support and happy reading. Find out more about Amazon Smile here.