As a volunteer you will receive…
- Induction training and regular ongoing training
- Help and support from the service manager
- Reimbursement of any out of pocket expenses
- Regular supervisionReference for future employment (after six months regular volunteering)
- Public liability insurance
We ask for commitment of at least two hours per week for a minimum of six months (depending on the placement) and confidentiality.
A volunteer needs to:
- Have warmth, sensitivity, understanding, patience and a sense of humour, with a mature flexible outlook and enough time to volunteer regularly.
- Be able to give at least six months commitment.
- No specific experience is necessary as training will be given.
A volunteer has to:
- Complete an application form.
- Provide details of two referees (who are not related and have known the applicant for a minimum of two years)
- Complete a DBS check
- Attend any training required.
Volunteering opportunities are available in various services. An interview is held to determine the most appropriate placement.
N.B. Where possible, tasks are adapted to suit the needs and interests of volunteers.
Please read these guidance notes before completing your application below.
How to contact us:
Coventry& Warwickshire Mind
t: 024 7663 2644